ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

My main question is:
To support the new ColdFire parts with full support for MMU, is MetroWerks the
only game in town?

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who has used MetroWerks CodeWarrior.
I have been developing embedded systems for the best part of a decade using a
very dated version of vxWorks and the Tornado IDE. It is time now once again to
move on to a wholly new platform and I want to compare the merits of vxWorks and
Linux. This should include a comparison of development environments.

TIA,

Pete

Re: ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior
Sysgo claim to be the best offer re moving VxWorks -> Linux.

-Michael

Re: ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

Thanks for that... but in this case, I am switching hardware architecture and
redesigning the software from the ground up. So my main concern is with best
support for the ColdFire MCF584x (including MMU support) rather than porting
existing code.

Pete

Re: ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

I've searched and searched and can not find the original message for
this thread on this newsgroup.

Can you send it to me in mail,  if there is anything Metrowerks can help
you with, we certainly wish to do so.

Ron

--
Metrowerks Community Forum is a free online resource for developers
to discuss CodeWarrior topics with other users and Metrowerks' staff

kind regards
Ralf

Re: ColdFire MCF548x and CodeWarrior

Since Metrowerks is part of Freescale, we work closely with the silicon
design team to have tools available for first silicon. In Q1 this year,
we began shipping "CodeWarrior Development Studio for MCF547x and
MCF548x" to support this important new family of ColdFire devices.

CodeWarrior Development Studio for MCF547x and MCF548x can be downloaded
from http://www.metrowerks.com/MW/download/default.asp

Support for the MCF547x and MCF548x family and for other new ColdFire
devices will be integrated into "CodeWarrior Development Studio for
ColdFire Architectures, version 5" scheduled for release later this
month.

Ron