CGI tools for embedded

I'm just starting out in the embedded world. I would like to present some data in a web page using an embedded browser.

What I need is to have a web page that changes to show the current status, and a form that allows a user to fill in their desired values. I also need to do some input validation and generate pages on the fly to show users what is wrong.

I have some resources - we're looking at an arm-based platform with 32 MB of RAM - but obvously I don't want to use up 5 MB with perl/python etc. So what is the best CGI scripting language to use? Is there an embedded python version?

Thanks.

--

use munged address above to email me
SpamTrap DoMeNow@seiner.com

There is an httpd written in TCL.

I'm not sure how small a TCL interpreter can be made anymore, but originally it was pretty small. Smaller than perl, that's for sure. TCL is one weird language but you can learn it by staring intensely at the man page for, oh, twenty minutes.

--
pa at panix dot com
Reply to

Thanks, I'll look into it. I wasn't thinking very clearly when I wrote my original query; I really don't need to serve *dynamic* web pages; I need to serve *almost dynamic* web pages. In other words, I could write C code to periodically (every minute or so) update a static web page. I would much rather do it dynamically, though, but not at the expense of, say, 25% of my available resources...