Embedded web brwser

Hi all,

I'm going to set up an embedded linux system,
where I will need a web browser.

Do you have some indication about which can
be used?
(I will have a 10" Touch screen LCD)

thanks

Giammy

Re: Embedded web brwser
If you want to have a person do web browsing on a screen, what is
"žembedded" about the system ?

-Michael

Re: Embedded web brwser
the system is a AMD au1100, 16M ram, 16M flash,
dedicated to machinery control: te customer
wants remote access via a http server, and
the possibility to connect the LCD for maintenance
with the same interface used remotely.

This is the reson I want to put in it a web browser.

bye
giammy

Re: Embedded web brwser
So the Browser accesses a http server on the same hardware.

Funny idea.

IMHO connecting a standard Laptop via Ethernet for maintenance, sounds
better and cheaper than using a propriety LCD screen device.

-Michael

Re: Embedded web brwser

Take a look at konqueror embedded.
http://www.konqueror.org/embedded /

Regards
--
Marco Cavallini
Re: Embedded web brwser

Thanks for your help
Xavier

d3nqd7$3j3$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread.albacom.net...

Re: Embedded web brwser
Hi,
sorry for the dealy in the answer, but I have been out of
office for a week :-)

My setup is Microwindows with Nano-X as X server.
I have seen some browser, such as Links, that
works directly from framebuffer, but I haven't tried it.

My setup has 32M ram: I do not know: with 8M you
should try to run it directly from framebuffer

bye
Giammy

Re: Embedded web brwser

Links might be for you:

http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~clock/twibright/links /

It looks interesting, but I have yet to hear a report from someone
actually using it in an embedded design. If you give it a shot, please
post your experience here so we all know a little more :-)

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

I've looked at links for an embedded multimedia kiosk. I even had a brief
exchange with the maintainer. I'm guessing that the project is somewhat
fractured and that it is not a priority.

That's a shame, because links is a *very* cool browser.  It's small,
light, and rock solid.  The project just needs a shot of adrenalin.

If anyone is interested, I might be talked into helping out.  I'm not in a
position to do any significant amount of work, but I could help out.  And
I can speak both English and Czech, which might help since the development
team is Czech.

--

use munged address above to email me
SpamTrap snipped-for-privacy@seiner.com