Embedded web brwser

Hi all,

I'm going to set up an embedded linux system, where I will need a web browser.

Do you have some indication about which can be used? (I will have a 10" Touch screen LCD)

thanks

Giammy

Reply to
giangiammy

If you want to have a person do web browsing on a screen, what is "§embedded" about the system ?

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Take a look at konqueror embedded.

Regards

-- Marco Cavallini ===================================================== Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineering Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Software Klinux : the embedded distribution for industrial applications - Atmel AT91 ARM Third Party Consultant - Intel PCA Developer Network member - Microsoft Windows Embedded Partner Via Pascoli, 3 - 24121 Bergamo - ITALIA Tel. (++39) 035-255.235 - Fax (++39) 178-223.9748

-

Marco Cavallini

the system is a AMD au1100, 16M ram, 16M flash, dedicated to machinery control: te customer wants remote access via a http server, and the possibility to connect the LCD for maintenance with the same interface used remotely.

This is the reson I want to put in it a web browser.

bye giammy

Reply to
giangiammy

An additionnal question : if I want to display a web page on a small LCD, what do I need exactly ? A X server, a window manager (even a light one) and an embedded web browser like dillo ? How big should be the RAM ? Is it possible with only 8 Mb ?

Thanks for your help Xavier

"Marco Cavallini" a écrit dans le message de news: d3nqd7$3j3$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread.albacom.net...

Reply to
xavier.montagne

So the Browser accesses a http server on the same hardware.

Funny idea.

IMHO connecting a standard Laptop via Ethernet for maintenance, sounds better and cheaper than using a propriety LCD screen device.

-Michael

Reply to
Michael Schnell

Links might be for you:

It looks interesting, but I have yet to hear a report from someone actually using it in an embedded design. If you give it a shot, please post your experience here so we all know a little more :-)

Rob

--
Robert Kaiser                     email: rkaiser AT sysgo DOT com
SYSGO AG                          http://www.elinos.com

I've looked at links for an embedded multimedia kiosk. I even had a brief exchange with the maintainer. I'm guessing that the project is somewhat fractured and that it is not a priority.

That's a shame, because links is a *very* cool browser. It's small, light, and rock solid. The project just needs a shot of adrenalin.

If anyone is interested, I might be talked into helping out. I'm not in a position to do any significant amount of work, but I could help out. And I can speak both English and Czech, which might help since the development team is Czech.

--

use munged address above to email me
SpamTrap DoMeNow@seiner.com

Check out DILLO at dillo.org; very fast, very small.

Reply to
Tommy Reynolds

Hi, sorry for the dealy in the answer, but I have been out of office for a week :-)

My setup is Microwindows with Nano-X as X server. I have seen some browser, such as Links, that works directly from framebuffer, but I haven't tried it.

My setup has 32M ram: I do not know: with 8M you should try to run it directly from framebuffer

bye Giammy

Reply to
giangiammy