Python packages for embedded systems

I was looking for Python modules for embedded systems, and I have found the following website:

In the subdirectory
there is a lot of GPL-ed code which may be used to interface Python to different I/O interfaces in embedded systems. I've managed to succesfully integrate the py-spi module with buildroot and to use it for prototyping of spidev communicating code in my AT91SAM9260 based board.

I hope, that the above info may be also useful for someone else...

--
Regards,
WZab

My code using the py-spi module mentioned in the previous post is available in alt.sources (subject "Python code for RFM70 transceivers connected as spidev", news: , or

)

-- HTH & Regards, WZab

Reply to
wzab

Any kind of benchmarks on that? Memory and/or execution speed? I'm actually quite a fan of Python, and use it for lots of scripting tasks on my multicore, multi-GHz desktop, but it seems like an _enormous_ amount of bloat for an embedded system.

Unless, of course, embedded system means multicore, multi-GHz PC104 card.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

On 16/11/2010 3:16 AM, Rob Gaddi wrote: .......

quite a fan of Python, and use it for lots of scripting tasks on my multicore, multi-GHz desktop, but it seems like an _enormous_ amount of bloat for an embedded system.

Telit GPS/3G modems use Python scripting and it seems to work ok Tom

Reply to
Tom

.

Hi wzab,

I also have the RFM70. Do you find it weird that the bank1 registers switch from MSB to LSB as the first byte over spi?

Reply to
dtran11