LCD-capable SBC?

Hi all,

I am trying to find a suitable single board computer for a wearable
computer project.  It must be capable of running a small linux OS as well
as being able to drive an LCD.  The GumStix modules are basically what I
want, although it would be nice for a cheaper option and one that is more
compatible with LCD panels.  Ideally, I could run X on the display, which
is one hell of a lot nicer than framebuffers :P

Thanks,
Ben

Re: LCD-capable SBC?

Consider AVR32-Ap7000 as a serious candidate for your project.
(avr32linux.org)

--
HBV

Re: LCD-capable SBC?

AP7000 is also supported by the dev branch of Openembedded (announced today
:-)

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

I saw a demo today of OpenEmbedded (Ångström) running on the AT91SAM9263,
using an 800 x 480 screen.

http://www.wapice.com/wapice_cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id64 %

Ångström is X-Windows on top of Linux-2.6.x using the Gnome window manager.
Check out www.openembedded.org for more info.
www.linux4sam.org is also useful.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Hi !
Unfortunately openembedded.org did not work. It would be funny to see
running the Big Stuff X on AT91.

HBV

Site Timeline