AT91RM9200 USB Mass Storage Device BULK Design

Hi,Members! I am looking for source code that will allow an embedded device to loo like an USB mass storage device when inserted into a host PC. The embedde device has an ARM core, the CPU in particular is an Atmel AT91RM9200, an will be using embedded Linux as its OS. Anyone give me some advices about how can i modify the exampl AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) to Mass Storage Device class or provid this source code!? Thanks!

Best Regards

contact: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
oklm

AT91 Linux 2.6.xx has support for USB Mass Storage Device. If you want it in U-boot, then you can take the MSD from

This is written for the SAM7 chips, but should need minimal work to get running.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

Hello, Samuelsson Thank you for your answers, but how can i get the MSD from

I've just found a demo file mass_storage.exe at
can you giv me details,Please! Thank you!

Best Regards!

Reply to
oklm

Probably a self extracting archive. Didnt try myself

Here is a registration form which hsould get you what you want otherwise

Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

"oklm" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I think Linux 2.6.xx already has USB Mass Storage Code inside. You just have to make sure that you add this configuration when you "make xconfig" If you are looking to run USB Mass Storage in U-Boot, then it is probably better to get the USB Mass Storage Code from

This is ported tot he SAM7, but the USB block is more or less the same. I have heard some people never got the code, so you may also want to contact a local Atmel representative.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

same as 2.4 and 2.2, but that's for the host side.

For the device, the easiest way is to use an USB-ATA bridge such as TI's TUSB6250.

Reply to
linnix

2.6 has client side as well

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Ulf Samuelsson

Yes for USB, no for ATA. You still need an ATA emulation layer as Mass Storage device.

Reply to
linnix

Reply to
oklm803

Mr. Magnus Nilsson tell me to modify the AT91RM9200-BasicUSB(CDC class) sample to Mass Storage Device class is1) Modify the USB descriptors ; 2) Implement the device specific commands (Inquiry,test unit ready, read, write etc). I have modified the device descriptors,now the host PC can find the new hardware(USB Mass Storage Device found in the "Device manager window",but when i plug in the device at first time, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" dialog box doesn't appear with the subheading "Install Hardware Device Drivers".why?) However,it does not work later. I don't know how to implement displaying "removable disk" in the "My computer" window. How to handle MSD-class-specific commands: RESET and GETMAXLUN.? anyone has this implementation sample code? Who has the executable file AT91RM9200-DK_USB_MSD.bin(Just like AT91SAM7S256_USB_MSD.bin or AT91SAM7S128_USB_MSD.bin--downloaded from

Kind Regards/Bill

Reply to
oklm803