Booting a DD image of a CF card

Hi all,

I'm looking to boot a dd image of a 512m CF card on a linux box (the DD is of a linux install as well). I was hoping to be able to place a dd file on the hard drive and boot the image with a loader (lilo currently). This would be ideal because it would be simple then to dd the image back to a CF card for actual devel system.

I could copy the partition from the DD image to a new partition on the hard drive although this would not make it simple to copy back to the CF card.

Any suggestions on how to do this?

Ryan

Reply to
Ryan