Copying Pi 4 image to a larger SD card

My Pi 4 came with a 16 GB card and I installed and configured the Pi (from NOOBS) using this card. But I notice that there's only about 1.5 GB free -

83%.

If I make an image of the card using Win32 Disk Imager and copy the image back to a 32 GB card, is there a way of making RaspiOS increase the size of the / partition to use the full space on the card?

Or is there another, better disk imager tool to use for this?

Reply to
NY

Am 15.09.2020 um 21:27 schrieb NY:

RaspiOS can do it. Open a console, type sudo raspi-config. choose 7 Advanced Options then A1 Expand Filesystem. You have to reboot.

Greetings, Kallu

--
Have a nice day <
Reply to

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Whatever happens I'll still have the 16 GB card so if I trash the 32 GB copy, I won't have lost the original.

Reply to
NY

Have you got a USB drive or thumbdrive or a SDcard USB adapter. You can rsync (use -avx) the root to a large thumbdrive or usb disk and use that to boot. Just have to change UUID= in /boot/cmdline.txt to the UUID of the USB drive and update (newdrive)/etc/fstab to reflect changes.

If an SDcard format it with 2 partitions like your current card and rsync (-avx) the data to the new partitions. Then change UUID references as above.

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to