boot image through tftp

Hi,

I have some problem with boot image.

I have load the kernel image through tftp.

tftp load the image at given address in memory.

after this when i used "bootm"

i got Error: "Bad magic Number "

Can you tell me what is meaning of this error. also can you suggest me some work around?

Thanks, Prashant M.

Reply to
Prashant

Hi Prashant,

Let me give you a tip - just in case it isn't bovious enough. Put yourself in my place. I'm reading the above, and I'm not Mystic Meg, or a mind reader. Tell how am I expected to possibly help you when you do not tell me ....

WHAT HARDWARE YOU ARE USING

WHAT BOOTLOADER/EXEC YOU ARE USING

WHAT KERNEL YOU ARE USING

WHAT KERNEL PARAMETERS YOU'VE GIVEN

etc etc

Reply to
Jim Jackson

There seems to be a raft of these kinds of posts lately, seemingly intended to infuriate us, and almost always with Indian names. Is there someone out there seeding the newsgroups with stupid questions, trying to cast doubt on the Indian IT industry ? Or do they really all think that Usenet is a place where people do your job for free ?

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq

They may also be students scrambling furiuosly to get their assignments done without actually learning the thing itself.

--

Tauno Voipio
tauno voipio (at) iki fi

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

1) HARDWARE - Renesys's Mobile R OS- uClinux 2) these r the boot enviorment that i have set -

bootargs=console=ttySC0,115200 root=1f01 bootdelay=3 baudrate=115200 bootcmd=fsload;bootm filesize=800000 fileaddr=8C200000 netmask=255.255.0.0 ethaddr=00:00:87:D6:2E:DD serevrip=172.25.0.145 ipaddr=172.25.0.53 serverip=172.25.0.130 stdin=serial stdout=serial stderr=serial ver=U-Boot 1.1.4 (Oct 1 2006 - 17:35:42)

3) Kernel Image/Format - mobile_r.img

4) My problem is, I can easily load and boot default kernel image. Then,I have changed the tick timing of kernel. now i want to load this image. but now it is not working. I can load new image through tftp. but could not boot through bootm. I got bad Magic Number.

Jim Jacks> > Hi,

Reply to
Prashant

You've probably rebuilt the kernel, but not regenerated the kernel image in the format that u-boot expects. There is a utility included with u-boot for doing this.

Reply to
Geronimo W. Christ Esq