Embedded Linux GUI

Hello All,

We are going to develop an IP-STB product based on embedded Linux/uClinux. The GUI subsystem will be part of middleware which including low layer graph engine, window environment, web browser (supports HTML4, Javascript), etc. I am evaluating various embedded GUI system on Linux, looks like there are only two choices can fit our requirement:

  1. Microwindow (Neno-X). Microwindow is still in developing? Is there a good web browser running on that?

  1. MiniGUI It seems that the latest version of MiniGUI is not open sourced anymore.

Is there any other alternative? or Microwindow and MiniGUI which one is better?

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Marco Wang

Marco Wang ha scritto:

Hi, the choice depends greatly on the available resources, please describe us your system :-) BTW if you have a lot of resources you can use wxWidgets

and if you have low resources I suggest you Nano-X or FLTK

Ciao

--
Marco Cavallini
Koan s.a.s. - Bergamo - Italia

Thanks for your reply, Marco. I know you did a lot of contribution on wxWidgets embedded project. Appreciate.

But I think wxWidgets is in upper level of Nano-X, it always relies on underlying graphic engine, right?

What I care is if Nano-X/MiniGUI is mature and keeps improving. We can't afford using a dead technology.

Thanks, Marco Wang

Marco Cavall> Marco Wang ha scritto:

Reply to
Marco Wang

Reply to
robert kao

Hi Marco,

Our company makes a X-Windows compatible GUI. Check out

There is demo for Fedora 4. You can run firefox etc.

Regards Vasant

Marco Wang wrote:

Reply to
v_kanchan

No idea about that web browser thing, however the Enlightenment Foundation Libraries are pretty good for stylish UIs. It contains a framebuffer-backend.

:M:

Reply to
<mickeyl