AT91RM9200EK boot question?

I compiled a kernel, and I am not sure what I need to get the th kernel to boot

Do I need a boot program

Also do I need a root file system? How can I set both and execute m kernel

Right now I have bad magic number error message. I have tried t

install compressed and uncompressed kernel image files. What i wrong

Reply to
romank

You *always* need a bootloader to boot the kernel, after that you will need a filesystem too.

HTH

--
Marco Cavallini
 Click to see the full signature

You *always* need a bootloader to boot the kernel after that you will need a filesystem too

HT

-- Marco Cavallin ==================================================== Koan s.a.s. - Software Engineerin Linux and WinCE solutions for Embedded and Real-Time Softwar Klinux : the embedded distribution for industrial application - Atmel AT91 ARM Third Party Consultan - Intel PCA Developer Network Membe - Microsoft Windows Embedded Partne Via Pascoli, 3 - 24121 Bergamo - ITALI

Reply to
Marco Cavallini [KOAN]