No core

Hi,

I am running an application on uClinux, in an embedded environment. My application hangs, and I can't seem to convince it to dump core.

Further investigations show that even running "yes" and killing it with signal 11 doesn't dump core.

- Check ulimit

- Checked diskspace and write permissions

- Trying changing cwd to an NFS directory with lots of space.

Nothing. A core is never produced.

Any other ideas ? Any better group to ask in ?

Reply to
T Shilo

So... consider the alternatives, maybe. gdbserver works pretty well for me. You can also fairly easily add a crash handler to your app that spits out a stack dump.

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel