ARM cross compiling

Can I cross compile using gcc? I'm trying to build a simple HelloWorld program in C++ for my iPAQ 3635 (ARM). I've found a lot of information about toolchains, but these seem like overkill.

-james

Reply to
james d.

Is your iPAQ running Linux, or is it still running that other operating system? If it's running Linux, what C library is it using (uClibc, or glibc) and what version?

- Dan

Reply to
Dan Kegel

system?

what version?

Hello all,

Werner Schulte has just uploaded an iso image of the first shot of the Opie development Live CD (approx 310 MB) to

The first documentation is also available there.

The CD contains an iso image with the tools and methods described on

(LiveCD chapter).

The CD allows the user to crosscompile opie programs without having a cross-compiler installed on his linux-box (also i386 embedded available). The CD contains:

ARM-CrossToolchains hh 2.95.3 and sharp (Embedix)

precompiled ARM-Kernel (2.4.18-rmk3-hh10)

precompiled IPAQ-QTE, SHARP-QTE, EMB-QTE (2.3.5)

precompiled IPAQ-OPIE, SHARP-OPIE, EMB-OPIE (1.0.0)

opiedev Documentation.

(This message it takes from Werner Schulte Email ;)

With regards, AM Christophe

Reply to
AM Christophe

the iPAQ (destination) is running WinCE3.0. My PC (source) is running RedHat Linux

~James

system?

what version?

Reply to
james d.

"james d." a écrit dans le message de news:bmc4qs$6jg$ snipped-for-privacy@news.umbc.edu...

Why don't you use Visual C++ for WinCE ? You don't like IDE ?

Reply to
AM Christophe

The research team I'm working with has already written all the code in Java. We'd like to port everything to the iPAQ, but Java is just too slow.. Porting everything to Vis. C++ is a last resort. I was hoping we could just re-write some of the code in C++ using a cross-compiler, then wrap those functions in JNI to speed up the system. That would save _much_ development time.

I'm still looking for a decent JVM for the Pocket PC architecture. I've tried: Jeode, IBM's j9 (WSDD), and CrEme. Jeode is the fastest, so I was thinking of using that.

Regard, James

Reply to
james d.

Just get any of the cross toolchains on the familair ftp...

Reply to
Alexander Popov

Try Skelmirs CEE-J My personal opinion is that J9 is better than Jeode

btw: do you think that this is the right place to disscuss WinCE related topics?

Regards, Alexander

Reply to
Alexander Popov