Strange error when extracting the current version of Crosstool, only happens on Linux

Hello from the confused Timelord I need to build a crosscompiler for the SH family of processors. So I found and downloaded the excellent tool that Dan Kegel created. Under Cygwin it extracted correctly. I haven't tried to use it under Cygwin, but I have used it before under Linux, Slackware Linux in fact. This happens under the current release 10.2:

tar: crosstool-0.38/patches/gcc-3.3.2: Directory renamed before its status could be extracted tar: crosstool-0.38/patches: Directory renamed before its status could be extracted tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

It happend with both the freshly downloaded file, and then earlier with one that I was going to use under Cygwin, that one I pulled over using the Samba server. Essentially I received the exact same error message.

For Slackware this is tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1. And Gzip is gzip 1.3.3 (2002-03-08).

For Cygwin this is tar (GNU tar) 1.15.1. And Gzip is gzip 1.3.3 (2002-09-30). Although I suspect that there might be something special about those programs for Cygwin.

Any suggestions people?

-- Gregg gregg dot drwho8 atsign gmail dot com

Reply to
gregg.drwho8