Accessing external functions

I'm currently writing a device driver to handler an external interrupt signal in Linux kernel space. When the interrupt occurs I have to suspend FTP,NFS,TFTP, and close all open files. I don't have any problem with interrupt service routine but my problem is that I don't know how to suspend/resume the FTP,NFS,TFTP, and close all open files. I'm trying to use the "fdatasync(2)" function to close any open files but I get the "unresolved symbol fdatasync" when I do insmod. I have found a bunch of functions that I need in System.map but not in /proc/ksyms. How can I make /proc/ksyms looks the same as System.map?

Another questions is, is it possible to implement client/server application in Linux kernel space?

Any one has idea?? I appreciate for any help or small sample code would be nice.

Reply to
Gary Beck