Latest threads in Embedded Linuxshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Multiple Embedded Opportunities (Full time)
Hello and Good Day, Beyond Innovation, Inc is a staffing company with our corporate office in Livermore, CA. We have seven full time great job opportunities in the Bay Area, CA with our exclusive...

[NU:BE] Gumstix Computer
Morning all. I'm new to the world of embedded systems but have played around with Linux a fair bit. I seem to be getting smaller with my computers, quad core, mini itx, mini laptop, and now hopefully,...
2
2

Meaning of "cached" when top utility is run
When I run top, I see: Mem: 27072K used, 100256K free, 0K shrd, 0K buff, 10584K cached Load average: 0.33, 0.25, 0.21 (State: S=sleeping R=running, W=waiting) What does "10584K cached" mean? My system...
6
6

PowerPC Flat Device Tree on Freescale processor
Hi all, Has anyone gotten a PCI card working with a Freescale embedded processor (eg: MPC8349) using the PowerPC (NOT ppc) branch of the linux kernel ? I am trying to setup the Flattened Device Tree...

ARM java
Hi Group, I am playing with an compaq Ipaq 3870 (strongarm CPU) running familiar - now I want to run some JVM on the system - all (outdated) webpages point for this to blackdown java port for...

[embedded platform] kernel questions
Hello, I'm in for a porting Linux on ARM926EJ-S based System-on-Chip running at 216MHz. Only uCos has been ported on the board so far (not by me). This is my first experience of Linux porting, so I...
8
8

Embedded linux for MPC860 Eval Board
I want to develop software on an Eval board that has MPC860 with Serial port and Ethernet port on it. I am planning to use Embedded linux on it. Could not find anything online. Can anyone tell me...
1
1

warning :section mismatch while compiling fedora 2.6.21-1.3194.fc7 kernel
Hi All while compiling linux kernel downloaded from i am getting warning as given below WARNING: vmlinux - Section mismatch: reference to .init.text:start_kernel from .text between 'is386' (at offset...
2
2

I Keep getting "EXT2-fs warning: mounting unchecked fs, running e2fsck is recommended" on my Compact Flash based FS
Hi all, I'm working on a ppc based embedded system, and am using a compact flash based filesystem. When I created the filesystem I ran: tune2fs -c 1 My /etc/fstab looks like this: # rootfs / rootfs rw...
6
6

Serial port connection to my board
Hi It is the basic thing but something is wrong in my set up. I have a laptop with docking station and I can connect to my development board. Development board boots and I see the uboot loader....
5
5

Recommend Quiet H/W Platform?
I've been evaluating some Linux platforms for home use and I'm looking for some recommendations. For example, the QNAP TS-109 II looks like about what I need: I'm really not interested in their...

{Announcement} SafeSquid Version 4.2.2.RC8.9B Released.
SafeSquid: Content Filtering Internet Proxy, has release version 4.2.2.RC8.9B. The highlights of the release are: 1. Enabling 'Profile Tracing' has been introduced. 2. cProfiles is now a Native...

"Building Embedded Linux Systems"
Hello all, I'm looking to learn embedded Linux and set up a simple system, would this book be a good place to start? I see that they are about to release the 2nd edition, so I'll get that if it's...
1
1

malloc_usable_size problem
Hi, I am trying to port an application from glibc to uclibc. But I can't find the peer of the 'malloc_usable_size' function in uclibc included in my toolchain. Should I find an alternative way to...

Simple Bit Bang Serial Driver
This is dirt simple, so please don't kill me. I am new to linux drivers and want see if my approach is correct here. I need to write a little bit banging device driver to a custom CPLD 3-Wire serial...