Recommend Quiet H/W Platform?

I've been evaluating some Linux platforms for home use and I'm looking
for some recommendations.

For example, the QNAP TS-109 II looks like about what I need:

  http://www.qnap.com/images/products/comparison/Comparison_TS109II.html

I'm really not interested in their software and I would actually
intend to replace the software from the kernel on up (I intend to
build everything from source code), but the price for the H/W alone
looks right.

Can anyone describe their experience with QNAP? Are there other
platforms that provide better quality/performance value?

Thanks.

--
Daniel

Site Timeline