Recommend Quiet H/W Platform?

I've been evaluating some Linux platforms for home use and I'm looking for some recommendations.

For example, the QNAP TS-109 II looks like about what I need:

I'm really not interested in their software and I would actually intend to replace the software from the kernel on up (I intend to build everything from source code), but the price for the H/W alone looks right.

Can anyone describe their experience with QNAP? Are there other platforms that provide better quality/performance value?

Thanks.

-- Daniel

Reply to
Daniel Norton