Latest threads in General Electronicsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Copier - Scanner bulbs?
I have a couple of what I'm calling "Copier/Scanner" Bulbs........ They look similar to long flourescent light bulbs, clear glass.......... They're like "maybe" a 1/4" in diameter (if that) and about...
4
4

"electrolysis"
About 30 years ago, I took some of D batteries in series and and connected copper wire leads to them which I placed in a glass containing holding some vinegar. I might have added a little salt on the...
8
8

tv screen as monitor
Please guide me on how to convert a tv screen to a monitor as my HP screen is out of order which cables would i need?please reply soon,THANK YOU.
5
5

Last Test,sorry
testing 123
1
1

Wanted:- Hard disk PCBs
Hi all. I've noticed that many of the newer (and some older) hard disks have some fairly impressive SMD MOSFET chips to drive the motor and actuator. Is there any chance of anyone salvaging the PCBs...
2
2

American Express Motor
Using magnets, coils and suitable frames, I think one can easily make a small toy motor. One might just have to start it spinning by hand. Now, I'm constantly getting junk mail from American Express...
4
4

How to output progressive video from a video card to a progressive CRT TV?
Hello! How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I...
6
6

Looking for replacement for LM387
Can anyone help, I am looking for a replacement for LM387 Low Noise Dual Preamplifier which is now discontinued, I have look on the net but no luck but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Thanks
2
2

telescoop
I wanna make a radio telescope from my satelite disk with lnb and and receiver. I know that it is possible. My technical English is not so wel. Is there someone how knows where to sart.? On the...
1
1

Looking for rechargeable 9v battery recommendation tia sal2
Greets All I'm going to be traveling and have a small device that needs to run 3 hours on a 9v battery everyday. I'm looking for a good/great rechargeable 9v battery. I'll have to get 2 of them so I...
6
6

LCD monitor problem
Hi, I have a Sony 18" LCD monitor. (model SDM-S81) The monitor shows the darkest black areas as grey or sometimes a grainy green or dark blue. The green/blue usually shows up when it's going from...
7
7

Flasher for dog collar
Hi- I need to build some sort of a flasher to put on my dog's collar- she's the same color as the carpet and keeps getting stepped on :-) I'm thinking a 3909 flasher running a LED from a coin cell. I...
8
8

High temperature superconductors and radiation screening effect?
Hi all. I was reading the latest article about the latest research on magnesium diboride with the possibility of using similar materials to achieve Tcs of above 200K, and suddenly had a thought. It...
1
1

Photocopier adjustment presets
At some time in the next year, machine specific toner for this machine, Toshiba BD5120 will no longer be available. Considering I have a working one plus a couple of boxes of electro-mechanical spares...
3
3

scsi bus ringing/signal shape change
Hello, Electronics newbie with a question. I have a DAQ card which is communicating with 8 perif boards over a SCSI bus. The communication is controlled by a 20Mhz TTL clock over one of the bus lines....
5
5