How to output progressive video from a video card to a progressive CRT TV?

Hello! How to output progressive video from my ATI All-in-Wonder 128 video card to 100hz progressive CRT TV? My ATI All-in-Wonder 128 has d-sub and s-video outputs. 100hz progressive CRT TVs, which I know of, for example Toshiba 29CSZ8UR, do not have a d-sub input. I was told that s-video outputs interlaced video. Best regards, Dima

+79163876746
Reply to
kopn

You need a display card that has the option you want. They are not very expensive, since their pricing has dropped.

--

JANA _____

+79163876746
Reply to
JANA

The progressive video signal is what you get from d-sub. If your TV doesw not have d-sub connector, you need some adaptation. Either just cable and/or some conversion electronics.

Here are some details:

You are told right.

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/

Reply to
kopn

Reply to
kopn

I don't know any CRT TV with DVI input. I have seen some CRT TVs with d-sub connector (Nokia/Salora models, not made anymore I think).

In cases I have tested the RGB interfacing (d-sub or SCART RGB) have given somewhat sharper picture than s-video. Visible on some material (especially normal computer Windows screen) and not so visible on some other material (normal video material shot with video camera).

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then/)
http://www.epanorama.net/
Reply to