wireless switch

What kind of possibilities there are to send on/off information from switch button to computer? Is there simple components or equipments, which can told there state to computer by bluetooth, WLAN, RDIF or other ways?

Reply to
avaruusmies

Printer port pins, serial port status pins, mousebuttons from an old mouse connected to serial or mouse port...... Well,those together are good for about 9 input pins,more if you use the printer port bi-directional.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Can you more fully describe what you want to do? The answer is yes, lot's of ways, but I'd like to see a better description so the answer would be a better match to what you want.

Reply to
PeterD

wired (joystick port, serial port, parallel port, usb) wireless: (irda, bluetooth, wi-fi)

probably, eg: you could use the switch to power the device and just ping it from the computer to see if it's on.

--
Bye.
   Jasen

I think home automation. The computer can control relays and do more spesific realization of the command, but I'd like to be able to give this commands from anywhere from the house.

The idea, that there is some device and switch turn the power on it and the computer pings, if it is on, is possible. What are the simplest, smallest and cheapest devices to use for that? The signal should go througth the brick walls.

Reply to
avaruusmies

Why use so much costly PC to switch on domestic devices? There are so many devices available which use Ur TV/DVD/Audio systems' remote and some are capable to regulate fan speeds also. They can be used in any room with installing IR detectors where required.

But think of consequences if U switch off water heater accidently when somebody is taking bath !!!

Reply to
psdayama

Try Google for *X10* or check

--
Kris.
Reply to

--
Google "wireless remote control" (no quotes)
Reply to

--
I think that domestic instantaneous gas "hot water on demand"
heaters use water pressure switches to turn them on and off, so it's