simple intermittent circuit

Hello, I'd like to make a simple circuit involving at a battery, a beeper or buzzer of some sort, and whatever else is necessary to make it so that the beeper/buzzer beeps or buzzes about once a minute. So basically I want to make something that will behave more or less like a smoke alarm with a low battery.

The battery could be a 9 V or any other small battery.

Very little precision is required. If the beeps happen anywhere between every half minute and every three minutes, that's fine. if the beeps last for anywhere from a fraction of a second to a few seconds, that's fine.

I see a lot of mention of 555 timers in this group, but is there a simpler way I could do this? Perhaps a component or two that could just be inserted "in line" between the battery and the buzzer? Or are there beeper components available that have this kind of intermittency built-in?

Thanks for any help, Kurt

Reply to
Kurt

You really can't get too much simpler than a 555 and a few components. You may play with a UJT but the 555 will yield better results and less design time.

Google: Hidden Tormentor

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

no.

hook a smoke alarm to a 6V battery. (or other powersource that simulates a depleted 9V)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

I don't understand why Kurt is unwilling to use 555 timers. The effort expended in trying to avoid the use of the 555 timer is greater than he would use in making one of these very simple circuits. Look at

. This site contains very simple kits. Our 555 astable (used to produce intermittent output) has only 3 components.

Reply to
sirkituk

When you use the word intermittent it implies random. Do you mean intermittent or interval?

from dictionary. ... stopping and starting at irregular intervals

default

"Kurt" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@s34g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Kurt,

Of course the 555 timers are often mentioned. It's by far the most simple solution for the kind of timing application you're talking about. Get the datasheet of the CMOS version, the LMC555, and you can read the solution almost directly from the application information. There are other possibilities but they will almost always take more time to design or more components or have other disadvantages.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

You might like to experiment with some simple 2 transistor flashers shown on this page

Just replace the LED/lamp load with an appropriate piezo sounder and see what happens.

Reply to
Ross Herbert