Where to buy replacement halogen light bulb for small fiber optic Christmas tree

We have a small decorative plastic Christmas tree with fiber optic lights. It uses a halogen light bulb, which fits in a 2-prong socket called "MR11" and is 12V 10W. The light no longer works and we want to replace it. Where can we find a 12V 10W MR11 halogen light bulb? We did a search on Google etc., but the ones with reasonable prices only sell them in quantities of 50 and the ones that sell single light bulbs charge 5 times as much. We wouldn't mind buying a few just in case it burns out again, but 50 is way too many.

Reply to
David Smith

Tom Woodrow

Look on the pegs at WalMart. I'ver seen them there.

Reply to
Bob Ward

Why not just go to a local home center store such as Home Depot?

Reply to
Shawn Hearn

I had the same problem a month ago and made a similar post, but got nothing useful. I even called the mail order store where I bought it and they said they don't have them. I finally found them at Pacific Lamp in Beaverton OR. and they would sell 1-2 across the counter. I doubt they do mail order but maybe??. Cost was around $6-7 if I recall right. Try the yellow pages under lamps and supplies and just keep asking. Good uck. -bill

Reply to
bill brown

Recently bought one for our fibre optic display at Wal-Mart, they had about

50 of them @ 6.99ea. I was at home depot, and they had about 10 on a peg display for $6.49. Web-shopping is not always your best bet.
Reply to
Kim