watts for a tv

explode.

it's the same formula, but as the AC voltage fluctuates (and changes sign) the wattage of an AC device is the average wattage of the device measures at each point over the entire AC cycle.

I don't think I esplained that well...

AC watts = f * ?(theta 0->2pi) V*A (d theta)

that's probably clear as mud too,

see this page:

especially this bit:

1.5A is probaby full load RMS current, peak (and inrush) will be higer than that.

yeah.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

explode.

that.

A LOT higher. It always blows the bloody circuit breaker when I plug in a trolley of 16 laptops. Bring back fuses!

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

'Hello, is this the Sheriff's Office?'
'Yes. What can I do for you?'
'I'm calling to report 'bout my neighbor Virgil Smith....He's hidin' marijuana
inside his firewood! Don't quite know how he gets it inside them logs, but he's
hidin' it there.'
'Thank you very much for the call, sir.'
The next day, the Sheriff's Deputies descend on Virgil's house. They search the
shed where the firewood is kept. Using axes, they bust open every piece of wood,
but find no marijuana. They sneer at Virgil and leave.
Shortly, the phone rings at Virgil's house.
'Hey, Virgil! This here's Floyd....Did the Sheriff come?'
'Yeah!'
'Did they chop your firewood?'
'Yep!'
'Happy Birthday, buddy!'
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Mans tends to be sine, unless you're using a very rubbish invertor for your mains.

--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

Extract from a customer complaint letter sent to The Body
Shop:
I recently shampooed my pet rabbit with Body Shop shampoo.
Its eyes bulged out and turned red. If you tested your stuff on
animals like everyone else, this sort of thing wouldn't happen...
Reply to
Peter Hucker

Of course not, but please keep in mind the OP had no idea what "power factor" or "VA" were in the first place. You don't take up all the complications right at the start.

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

Exactly.

You haven't taught basic electronics, have you?

Bob M.

Reply to
Bob Myers

mains.

mains voltage tend to be sine, but the current waveform can be anything at all, and for most types of DC powersupplies it is nothing like sine.

Reply to
Jasen Betts

mains.

[slaps self on head]
--
http://www.petersparrots.com    http://www.insanevideoclips.com
http://www.petersphotos.com

"I can't find a cause for your illness," the doctor said. "Frankly, I think it's
due to drinking."
"In that case," replied his blonde patient, "I'll come back when you're sober."
Reply to
Peter Hucker

On Nov 11, 1:58=A0pm, RJ_32 wrote: > I've just read that a 25" tv (the set is 20 yrs old) uses only about 100 > watts. Is that true? It seems low.

Seems optimistic. TV power is related to the deflection angle so if power is low, I would guess the cabinet is farely deep to accomodate a lower deflection angle. Shallowest 25" I've seen was the Sony KX2501 at 16". It was well over 100 watts.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

True, pretty much everything I've done is dealing with 5V and 12V DC.