Warp-13a PIC Programmer Problems

Hi All

I am trying to use the MPLAB IDE v6.40 to program a PIC16F684 via a Warp-13a board. The problem is that MPLAB insists that firmware version 4.10.0 needs to be on the board. Apparently my Warp-13a does not have the most up-to-date firmware.

A check on the Newfound electronics website and the Dontronics website (a reseller) seems to indicate that Newfound has shut its doors.

I am told the Bluepole update will do the trick - apparently the advice is to simply use your Warp-13 to program a new PIC18F252 with the code and then substitute it. One is advised not to use the update facility on the Newfound site but rather to program an entire new PIC18F25.

My version of the Warp-13a is 4Mhz. I only have one socket filled on the board (apparently for PIC16's) so I'm not sure I can program PIC18's. Would the update even work if I could program it? Should I try an update?

Do I have any options other than buying a new programmer board? I would value any advice or assistance.

Regards Dale

Reply to
Dale

Dale: You can get an upgrade here....Paul

PJ

Peter Anderson

has an update kit for the Warp-13a.

Reply to