PIC Programmer suggestions

Gudday

Some observations:-

  1. My Dell laptop only has USB
  2. My USB to serial adaptor does not work with my PIC programmer or opentracker boards
  3. My desktop PC is fine to program my PIC's and opentracker using a "real" serial port.
  4. I really want some thing that is USB and can be used with MPLAB

Suggestions ?

Reply to
Andrew Rich

can you not get a serial card for your computer?

Some observations:-

  1. My Dell laptop only has USB
  2. My USB to serial adaptor does not work with my PIC programmer or opentracker boards
  3. My desktop PC is fine to program my PIC's and opentracker using a "real" serial port.
  4. I really want some thing that is USB and can be used with MPLAB

Suggestions ?

Reply to
Frank

for MPLAB compatible,

or try one of my USB to Serial adapters:

Full refund if it doesn't work, and returned in a re-sellable condition.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I don't know about MPLAB, I use ATEN brand USB to RS232 converter (about $25 retail) and it works with a lot of gear (including Atmel development boards). I bought tens of them for the company I work fpr and our distributors - so far no one has complained that is not working. There are probably few other good converters on the market.

Apparently PCMCIA RS232 adapters are the best but they also cost more.

Tom

Reply to
Tom