Wanted - a HUGE digital clock

I've had zero success in finding a MASSIVE digital clock. I'm after something with digits about 8 inches tall, preferably LED not LCD. Perhaps there is a clock circuit I can buy or build and huge digits I can buy? Or maybe make the digits myself out of loads of LEDs? Any ideas?

A man was sipping a drink in a bar when he noticed an attractive woman seated beside him. His interest must have been obvious because the bartender suddenly loomed over him and said, "Don't get any ideas about that girl, bud. That's my wife." The fellow replied, "Who's getting ideas? I just came in for a piece of beer."

Reply to
Peter Hucker

with digits about 8 inches tall, preferably LED not LCD. Perhaps there is a clock circuit I can buy or build and huge digits I can buy? Or maybe make the digits myself out of loads of LEDs? Any ideas?

8" LED Ebay #250314379315 not cheap tho. JC
Reply to
Archon

something with digits about 8 inches tall, preferably LED not LCD. Perhaps there is a clock circuit I can buy or build and huge digits I can buy? Or maybe make the digits myself out of loads of LEDs? Any ideas?

Seems a pretty reasonable price - you'd be hard pressed to make something similar that looks good.

Making it out of LED strip products would be another alternative - I used LED strips in a routed MDF panel for a huge 20" clock I built a white ago :

Mike Harrison