how one can made a digital clock

sir tell me the simplest way from which i can make a model of digital clock.

Reply to
yogi

A bunch of decade dividers, and a couple BCD-to-7-segment decoders.

If you want to do it from transistors or even tubes, expect to use a couple hundred pieces. For relays, ingenious use/selection may get you in under a hundred, if rather noisy.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

No please ?

Gmail and Google groups score 0/10 again !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore

The simplest way is to buy one. (And probably the cheapest one)

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

And certainly that makes them very available.

If the goal is to build a clock, then obviously it's not a good suggestion.

But if the goal is to use the clock for something else, then it makes the most sense. Buy a cheap digital clock, be it off the shelf or used, extract the actual clock and then use that like a module.

It's not all that different from the big era of "clock builders" who were buying National Semiconductor clock modules, and putting them in boxes. Or even the kits that directly proceeded them, where the builder just had to solder the parts to the supplied board.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

I'm guessing that software has to be the easiest and cheapest way of modelling a clock.

Do you have any other criteria?

Reply to
William P.N. Smith