Re: DIGITAL CLOCK

"Himanshu Gupta" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Hi all! > > I am new to this group and i am right now findin difficulties in > making a digital clock for my college project. Can anyone help me out > in this regard as my knowledge of electronics is still very basic as > I am in second year only. please anyone help me out. any stuff.. > pdf.links etc are invited.... > my email id is snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com...... >

Is the project itself a digital clock, or a digital clock a part of a larger progect project? Is it to be a unique way to display time. Does it have to be practical, or can it be "out of this world, anything goes". Can a micro be involved? if yes, small, big, or a PC? Can there be moving/ motorised parts?

If it were me, I'd do a bedside type clock with an LCD, a lesser micro, a 2X20 backlit LCD, and some rotary knobs to set the thing, plus a WWVB receiver to set the time. Maybe that's beyond your class level.

Reply to
Gary Tait