speaking of remote controls...

In going through a new MCM catalog, I noticed something new (to me, anyhow) -- $13 replacement remotes that are (supposedly) customized for particular TVs -- the point being that they include menu access, PIP, and other features not commonly found on "generic" universal remotes. They're on page 55 of the "Summer All-Stars!" catalog, C23B22.

I wish I'd had one of these a few years ago, when the remote for my Toshiba IDTV failed.

--
"We already know the answers -- we just haven't asked the right
questions." -- Edwin Land

on

Toshiba

While at it, where is the truly universal r/c that you could set to step through all known ident codes, plus infils, until it triggered power/standby or something, then all known function codes so you could then teach a teachable r/c for the circumstances of otherwise dead equipment ? Going beyond LIRC

Reply to
N_Cook

nd

re

then

Dream on!

Reply to
hrhofmann

then

The problem isn't the codes, but having enough buttons of the right shape to handle the functions.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck