need remote contact pad help

Is there a cleaner or spray for the contacts on a remote? I have an (old) Zenith VCR, and remote. I have to daily clean the remotes contacts, and rubber pads, in order for it to operate. Many functions are not available from the unit itself, only the remote. So it is important. I doubt very much I can obtain a new one. Is there any remedy ? in advance thanks. . .charlie

Reply to
charles

So

Try a "Universal" or "learning" remote.

Reply to
CWatters

There's a recent thread over on sci.electronics.repair on cleaning/restoring these...

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

Put some of that that conductive paint for automotive rear window demister repairs on the rubber pads. (and let it dry)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

if you have to clean them daily it suggests your not doing it right or there is some other problem.

Reply to
cbarn24050