I use my GPSV mainly while motorcycling, and car, but sometimes wnile walking. =20
Some things I'd like to hold over from the GPSV:
- Routing to anything, intersections, cities, waypoints. =20
- Compass display
- Off-road . rubber-band routing (Fun for finding new ways to get there.)=20
- Battery power
- Small size. Can't be taller than GPSV's verttical antenna.
Improvements I'd like to see:
- Larger, color display
- Better rural coverage (Garmin is too city-centric.)
- More accurate routing. (GPSV keeps complaning that I'm off route because it's own straight-line segments don't track with the actual roads.) I don't really need voice prompting, since I can't hear it on the bike, and I'm not willing to cable up a headphone every time I climb on board. =20
Any ideas? Garmin's new C3xx units look about the right size, but they use the same CITY-??? maps, and don't run on battery power. (Perhaps this is a price I have to pay for color?)
I've rejected the Quest because the buttons are clustered too close together for easy use with gloves, and the display is the same size as the GPSV's =20
To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are VERMIN. Please kill them all.