Convert ac to dc

Thanks for the help guys, I really appreciate it.

Vic

Reply to
Victor MacQuarrie

I would have thought the motor would run smoother if a capacitor was used after the bridge rectifier-If for some reason this is a silly thing to do please let me know, but I have noticed increased heat without this component in circuit and of course slower motor rpm-I understand that this would charge the cap over the rms voltage of the circuit's norm of 12.6 but running a universal motor under these coniditions as long as the cap is not to large would seem the better way to me?

cdd

Reply to
cdd

it will, it'll also boost the voltage making the motor run faster.

low voltage can do that to a heaily loaded motor Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen