selling used test equipment question..

This isn't really a for sale posting.. (one liner at the bottom if anyone is interested). My question is has anyone had experience selling used electronics equipment to these used equipment dealers?.. I'm picking up a pickup truck load of stuff tomorrow and I'm trying to see the best way to get rid of some of it.

Including what I'm getting tomorrow, I've got

Sorenson DSC150-7 150v 7a adjustable DC power supplies Valhalla Scientific 2301 and 2100 watt meters Tektronix OF150, OF235 OTDRs Tektronix 2215 & 2215A o'scope, and Phillips 3217 o'scope some other fiber test equipment, as well as other stuff.

For example, I've got an e-mail into American Test Equipment in Va.. they show for sale an OF150 for $4295, and an OF235 for $7750. I don't expect that much for the equipment, but what should I expect?.. 50%,

25%, 10%?..

Anyone comment on tech-systems electronics?.. They are showing $995 for the OF150, around $400 for the scopes..

Just wondering how I'm going to get rid of some of this stuff.. certainly I'd rather have it go to an individual rather than a reseller if the price was the same.. if anyone is interested in buying or trading the e-mail addy is correct.

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
smile4camera

A clever? avoidance of the posting rules?

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Thats what ebay is for.

Reply to
CBarn24050

There's a posting from yesterday.. 'For sale Radio Receiver and Spectrum analyser'..

no complaints in that thread..

A quick google search shows 1270 hits for 'for sale' in sci.electronics.misc

So, ignore the last paragraph.. have you had any experience selling used equipment to dealers?.. Thou, as I stated, I'd rather get this stuff to an electronics enthusiast vs. a reseller company if the price ended up being the same..

Regards,

Jim

Reply to
smile4camera

And your point is that others are doing it so it's OK? This is not the correct forum; sorry!

Jeez Jim, there are too many for me to list. Plus, you have the fleamarkets called "hamfests" and the possibility of charitable donations to schools for a tax write-off and on and on! Do some research.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

--
Probably because at least it's blatant and up-front.
You seem to be trying to do the same thing (sell something) but are

Never said I wasn't selling anything.. I'm sorry if you got the impression that I was attempting to sell all my stuff in s.e.m. That's not my intent.. I'd rather get rid of everything in one shot, but I did mention that there was a 'one liner' at the end for any individuals interested.

My intent was to find if anyone had personal experience dealing with equipment resellers..

No mention of any wrongdoing in any of the 4 or so FS, FA posts just in the past two weeks could possibly indicate to a reasonable individual that posting 'for sale' is ok.. I'm not going to go through each of the 1270 posts that the search returned to see if anyone objected to any of those..

Perhaps if I was 'blatant and up front' it'd be ok?

Nah, it's never too late.. not until you die. For starters, someone could start mentioning to people doing FS/FA posts that this isn't the place for it..

Don't know if the link came through, but also mentioning a search for 'guide for the sci.electronics' post by Mark Zenier (dated January 21,

1999) might offer some insight to what the various sci.electronics groups are for..

"sci.electronics.misc General discussions of the field of electronics.

"General discussions on the topic of electronics. (Discussions on the relative merits of various consumer electronics equipment are better held in the groups in the rec hierarchy devoted to those topics.)"

.. that industry equipment for sale posts would be better suited for misc.industry.electronics.marketplace I appreciate the understanding and help..

Jim

Reply to
smile4camera

Jim, it's rather basic ... the forums are for all kinds of purposes but not for selling items, unless they are specifically identified for that purpose. Please understand that folks don't want to see ads unless they want to buy. Why don't you investigate reasonable venues and not waste your time here?

Reply to
Charles Schuler