Question about Test Equipment Rental prices - Glenn Kawesch

Hey guys/gals! Glenn Kawesch here and I am new to this group. I am in need of a 2-channel, 60Mhz, Oscilloscope ( digital ). I found one online that I can rent for $150/day. This seems high. Anyone else have experience with this and/or could recommend a cheaper source?

The same company rents a Singe Mode OTDR for $500 per day!

Ouch!

Glenn Kawesch

Reply to
Glenn Kawesch

You didn't specify the types of use, your scope will meet or be needed for. If you're not nailed down to a "digital", "60 MHz" (max or minimum), or 2 channel (max or min.), check around - you can find a scope for a reasonable price. Hell, on E-Bay, some decent scopes go for about $150 to say $300. Obviously, you're not into "new" or a "rented" scope would not be in your sights - albeit it most "rented" are gone over (or claimed to be) for the next renter.

Hell, for $150 a day, take that into how long you may need the scope, it may pay you to buy one straight out. Look up "Used Equipment" on Yahoo or Google. I can't recall the name of the company right now, but there is one who sells "Used" equipment which has been reworked and calibrated. I believe the name starts with a "T". Problem is, their prices aren't exactly "cheap". Most of their stuff, if memory serves me correct - is "Lab grade" - high end - high tech stuff.

Shop around........ There "are" reputable sellers out there who do sell "used" equipment. I'm sure you can find a scope to fit your needs without much trouble.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

I haven't rented any test equipment myself, but for that basic of a 'scope that should be closer to the monthly rate.

Try some of the outfits listed here:

Steve Noll

Glenn, I have been involved in a rental company for about 20 years and would be happy to help you. I have a lot of scopes for rent and or sale or rent with option to buy. see my link below.

Bill Hedrick, Instrument Rental Labs Broomfield, Colorado

303-469-5335

Glenn Kawesch wrote:

Reply to
billh

For that money you can buy the scope !! I have an HP 1715A, dual Channel, 200 MHz scope for that daily price and you can own it.

Regards,

Dick, W1KSZ

Reply to
Richard W. Solomon, W1KSZ

With no disrespect to "Bill" (see reply below) - that was "my" point - exactly!

Reply to
Radiosrfun