remote control for sony hr-mp5 multi-fx unit

although the sony mp5's are old they're very nice processors and I'm still using mine. I've been to the sony website but there's little support for such an old product. I want to make my own remote cable for it and I only need one button/function - which is to switch the 'bypass' on and off. The remote controller connection is a mini multipin din socket. does anyone know how I make this remote this? Does the remote have to be a logic/chip based unit or would a simple switching mechanism on particular pin work? Thanks for any help.

Reply to
tg