anyone use the miniature OEM GPS modules with built in antenna?

I'm looking into using one of these $50 GPS recievers and was wondering if anyone had used them in a design. I'd like you what your experiences were with this unit (or a similar ones). My intended use in an open field and will be mostly for speed measurements.

thanks.

Mook Johnson