AC/DC Vicor versus TDK-Lambda

Hello,

I need an AC/DC converter that takes in 120Vac, and outputs 24V at 6A nominal load. I have been looking at a VICOR VIPAC for this application, but I noticed that TDK-Lambda has an AC/DC converter with similar specs

I was wondering if anyone had experience with these two brands of AC/DC converters, or had any opinions in one over the other?

VICOR VIPAC

TDK-Lambda

much thanks!

Reply to
Fibo

If you can take a ventilated box, I have been using this style for some time and find them well built and quite reliable. They are very cheap on eBay, so you could get several and keep some for spares. Here's an example:

24V 10A US $24.99
Steve Wilson

Wow, that ebay link says $0.99 and free shipping. George H.

Reply to
George Herold

It's 0.99 for the "please select one" dummy model. Once you choose the voltage and amperage that you really want, the price changes.

Reply to
David Platt

It does until you select the model you want. Then the price changes to show the cost for that item. But the shipping is still free.

Most of the vendors are usually within a few pennies. They all sell the same thing, so there is little to choose from. If this is the same manufacturer that I deal with, they burn in the units at full load for a day or so, and you won't have problems with DOA or infant mortality.

I'm very happy with thes units, but watch out for the plastic encased models that advertise 12V at 2A. Most of them only put out 10V at 1.5A, so the spec is definitely exaggerated.

Reply to
Steve Wilson

Vicor is usually very expensive.

The MeanWell supplies are very good. A 150 watt supply is around $35.

Precision electronic instrumentation