Re: NAD 3020

> This is a twenty five year old integrated amp with a defective left channel. > > From my plug 'n' play computer experience I replaced what I thought could > be bad, I replaced the 180 ohm resistor, 2N2955 , 2N3055, 2N6551, 2N6554, > and BD 139. Even after doing all of this the left channel reads 25 volts > on the multimeter where the speaker is supposed to be connected! > > What is even more unusual, is that the feeds to the power transistors on > both channels read 62 volts, and the wires to the bridge rectifier read 62 > volts AC with no load. > > At present, the right channel barely works as well. > > Omer > > Name: NAD_3020.pdf > NAD_3020.pdf Type: Acrobat (application/pdf) > Encoding: x-uuencode > > Name: NAD_3020s20.pdf > NAD_3020s20.pdf Type: Acrobat (application/pdf) > Encoding: x-uuencode

This is NOT a binaries nesgroup. This should have been posted on news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic or even news:alt.binaries.pictures.radio if you want people to see it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

My sincerest apologies Michael I wasn't aware of the protocol in this newsgroup!

Omer

Reply to
Omer Suleimanagich

Not just this newsgroup. You should only post binaries to groups with binaries in their name because most Usenet servers will drop the message, or at least strip off the attachment.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Okay, go to alt.binaries.pictures.radio for further info.

thanks

Omer

Reply to
Omer Suleimanagich

I was able to see it as an attachment in PDF format in Outlook Express.

Reply to
¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦

Good for you. Not all news servers will accept a binary file in a non binary group, so you get poor propagation. The person with the answer to your questions may never see your message that way.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Any ideas or recommendations of what should be done with this piece of equipment?

Omer

Reply to
Omer Suleimanagich

I assume the troubleshooting has been done with the pre isolated from the power amp section?

What's the voltage on the terminals of Q605 and Q607?

Regards, ws

--
change to leews to mail
Reply to

Indeed. This server doesn't have the original post at all.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I don't see it there !