Re: How or What Neutralizes Alkaline Cell Juice?

"Watson A.Name \"Watt Sun - the Dark Remover\"" wrote in news:cbpc2i$7jot7$ snipped-for-privacy@hades.csu.net:

> One cell leaked some juice inside my Mini MagLight, and I cleaned the > threads and spring off and scraped all the residue I could off the > endcap. But it still makes poor contact, even after I cleaned it again. > > I googled for "remove corrosion caused by alkaline battery" and it came > back with hits for removing corrosion from lead-acid storage batteries, > but nothing for alkalines. The lead-acid batteries are neutralized by > an alkali such as baking soda, but since an alkaline cell is already > alkaline, I don't imagine that using baking soda would help. And I'd > say this mainly applies to removing corrosion from aluminum and steel > springs. > > Does anyone have an authoratative source of info about this, because I'd > rather not use something that could make the corrosion even worse. > Using "Cola" or similar remedies is not what I'd call a valid method. > Thanks. >

Ordinary household white vinegar.(you use an acid to neutralize alkalines). Then rinse well,and dry.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net

[...]

Oh, they would - trouble is the item wouldn't be one!

-- Graham W

PGM-FI page updated, Graphics Tutorial WIMBORNE
Wessex Dorset UK Astro Society's Web pages, Info, Meeting Dates, Sites & Maps Change 'news' to 'sewn' in my Reply address to avoid my spam filter.

Reply to
Graham W

20 years ago I found out on my own that Radio Shack alkaline Enercells were, on an average at that time, better than Duracell and Energizer. Currently (or late last year) they're only slightly worse than the "regular" of the alkalines of the Energizer brand.

Don Klipstein