Broken digital camera 2...

I shall remind.. My digital camera fell down (Olympus C-5050). Most of its parts seems to be fine. The LCD is OK, so is the Zoom , menu etc. But the problem is that on the photos appear the vertical stripes. I noticed a certain dependency:

- when it doesn't take photo and only display the view on LCD, the picture is perfect (which means that the matrice is OK)

- when I make a film the picture is also perfect

- when I take a picture in a very dark room without any lightening (flash turns on) the picture are also perfect! The stripes appear when there are some strong light sources. Does anyone has any idea what it can be? I will be grateful for any opinion!

--
Marek
Reply to

I've made a mistake... on the photos appear the horizontal stripes(lines).

--
Mark
Reply to

An example of the photo:

Mark
Reply to
Marek

What a pathetically S-L-O-W connection.

Reply to
Watson A.Name "Watt Sun - the

This could be caused by a broken shutter. The shutter is not used, or is irrelevant (flash) in the above modes.

With luck, you can look into the lens and see the shutter in action. Or not.

Thomas

Reply to
Zak

not.

Shutter is OK.

--
Mark
Reply to

You can see the pixels change speed as the guy pedals faster or slower...

Cheers!

Chip Shults

Reply to
Sir Charles W. Shults III