Why don't they make female USB panel-mount sockets with ribbon-cable termination?

So if I want to make something like this:

But instead of the tedious job of soldering those wires, instead I want to use press-fit ribbon cables - which would be easy on the 10-pin connector - but what to do for the USB connector?

Is there a reason why they don't make USB connectors with press-fit ribbon cable termination?

Reply to
PC Guy

I would say "Why bother?" when you can buy them pretty cheaply. This eBay seller

will deliver to you r home for under US$2. It looks like you can unscrew the USB ports from th e PC bracket if you really don't want it.

Reply to
jfeng

I looked and could not find one for sale at any of my favorite electronic or computer parts stores in the Silicon Valley (Fry's, Halted, Central Comp uter, Anchor, etc.). I bought one from the Chinese eBay seller for US$1.72 . It took about a week to arrive.

Reply to
jfeng