Soldering to the on-board prototype area question

I have a board that has an on-board prototyping area (an array of holes).

I am trying to think of the neatest, most practical way to solder on it. I want to put a couple of 16pin sockets (that I can plug buffer into) and 8 or

16 LEDs comming off them. I don't want a mess of wires eveywhere. It would be great if there was a supplier that sold wires with tiny loops connectors on each end so I could lay a connector loop over each pin or LED wire and solder it in place ( a wire like this: 0===0 ). I tried using small wire and making my own loops on each end but it still does not come out well :<

Any ideas greatly appretiated!

p.s. I was thinking of buying a simple wire-wrap tool and just wire-wrapping -- I like wirewrap for hobby stuff but I thought I saw an article that suggested it is not in-vogue anymore -- is that considered OK for small stuff like I will have (less than 50 wired connections)?

Thanks!

Reply to
mBird

Wirewrap has a small coil at each connection,which is not a nice thing in a fast cicuit. I have used wirewrap wire however to make solder connections at the bottom of the board . That works very wel, the ww wire is heat resistant, it does not crimp while you solder , and the silver coating on the wire makes very clean solder contacts,even with part of the isolation inside the solder blob. Also the wiring can stand quite a little moving around without breaking. For a one or two unit production ,or development board, it works for me.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Pretty much the same way that you solder to an ordinary PCB. :-)

Reply to
Rich Grise