portable VHF receiver problem

I'm in the UK and have a Shure EC11 bodypack transmitter with lavalier mike on 174.8MHz. (I've also got an ECI transmitter on 173.8) I want to use this pack with a camcorder so I need a portable receiver for the camera end. Shure used to do a VP3 portable receiver for just this purpose but the VP3 has been discontinued in the UK. The chances of my finding a second hand VP3 on 173.8MHz or 174.9MHz is about nil. I see VP3's still sell in the US but not on this frequency, and VP3's rarely seen on ebay use frequencies that are illegal in the UK. Could I make a decent VHF receiver from a kit? Would a radio scanner do the job? Is there any other solution to this problem? I can't afford a new wirless mike system. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
tg

The scanner radio may have a bandwidth too narrow for high quality audio, but would work OK for voice bandwidth.

There are VHF receiver kits that would probably work, but I only know the US suppliers.

Reply to
John

Reply to
Mike Berger