Ultrasonic Sensor Receiver Problem

Hi, I have built the ultrasonic sensor ranger with the help of "2002MAR08_RFD_DA_AN.PDF" but it is not working.

Explanation of the sensor:

Base on the availability of the component I choose,

( I )

  1. ICM7555 instead of TLC555
  2. CA3130 instead of CA5160 and
  3. LM567.
  4. PIEZO ULTRASONIC SENSOR: Module T40-1601

R40-1601, Center Frequency:

40.0khz, with 1.0 khz variation. Etc.

( I I )

  1. Since the reset pin is remain high after given power on transmitter module, I am adding 10k resistance between ground and reset pin.

  1. At 5 volt supply [after step ( I I ) . 1 ] to the reset pin, it is generating ultrasonic sound. Freq of this sound 39.95 khz (If I try to tune more accurate to 40 khz, It become 40.25, 40.5 khz, but all is with in the acceptable range 39-41 khz).

( I I I )

Nothing happed on receiving end.

Please take look in this issue, and tell me the possible way to solve it.

I have listed a very Impotent response, that I had got before a week:

There should be enough light getting through the gap between the transmitter frequency of 38.75kHz and the receiver at 40kHz +/- 1kHz for you to be able to see the problem yourself.

-- John B

Thanks

Dibyendu

Reply to
Dibyendu

Please look at the issue and give me some advice to solve the problem.

Reply to
Dibyendu

Have you looked at the receiver with an oscilloscope? (don't forget to turn up the sensitivity) What does it show? Deep.

Reply to
Deep Reset

I have examine the input signal to the pin 3 of LM567, which is coming from CA5160 (3130) after filtering (Capacitor 0.022uF). it is not prominent(and I am not consider it as a valid signal) and look like a mixed signal of sine wave and saw teeth, and frequency is far more.

Nothing change has been observed at output pin-8

Reply to
Dibyendu