Hi folks, I was working away in my attic office here at home in England this afternoon, while a thunderstorm approached.
As I sat, reading an email, with my right hand resting on my mouse , there was a very loud clap of thunder very close-by. At that same moment, I received an electric shock in my right hand and similtaneously heard a sharp "crack" in the same vicinity. The shock I felt was very brief, but it felt at least as powerful as a shock from our domestic mains (240+ volts). Surprisingly, my PC continued to function as normal, although I lost my internet connection at that same moment.
Can anyone explain what happenned? I am just curious....