Polaroid Sonar

Hello everybody, For a school project, I'm building a robot, wich must be able to detect obstacles. For that purpose, I've arranged 5 polaroid camera's with sonar ranging modules inside it. There are a lot of tutorials at the internet, describing how to use the sonar. The only problem is, that the modules used for the tutorials aren't the same as the ones I have. I have got the Polaroid SX-70 version 2 camera's. This one has got other connectors as the usual ones. Instead of the 16 pin connector, it has got a 9 pin connector. There are also about 6 wires, used for driving the motors etc. to focus the camera. There are some other possible connections wich aren't used.

I've made pictures of the module, and I hope somebody can tell me how to connect it to my digital interface (to the computer). You can download them from

I hope someone can help me, because the project has to be finished in a couple of weeks, and I can't find a way out?

Thank you in advance!

Greetings, Eelco van de Wiel

Reply to
Eelco

You should buy the polaroid sensor modules instead of complete cameras. These have a convenient serial interface to give you the range data. They also come with complete specifications.

Gee, I wish I had that much money for projects when I was in school!

--
Luhan Monat, "LuhanKnows" At 'Yahoo' dot 'Com'
http://members.cox.net/berniekm

Well, that's the problem: the regular sonar boards are much to expensive. They are about 50 dollars each, and the camera's where for free. The pictures can be found at:

Thank you in advance, Eelco van de Wiel

Reply to
Eelco