OT: Mouse Cleaning

Anyone got any techniques for cleaning the BUTTONS on a mouse?

Mine seems to develop fingerprints that don't wipe off.

...Jim Thompson

I've always found a paper towel and a bit of rubbing alcohol to do a good job of "degrunging" the externals of a rodent.

--
Don Bruder - dakidd@sonic.net - New Email policy in effect as of Feb. 21, 2004.
See  for full details.

Hi Jim,

Since you are partial to red wine it might be that they just won't come off anymore. Probably a good time to invest into something new. I've always liked the large Kensington track ball device. It is easier on the wrist when doing lots of CAD work.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

I read in sci.electronics.design that Jim Thompson wrote (in ) about 'OT: Mouse Cleaning', on Mon, 4 Oct 2004:

Metal-polishing wadding. The sort for brass.

John Woodgate

On Monday 04 October 2004 12:42 pm, Jim Thompson did deign to grace us with the following:

Try to keep your fingers out of the peanut butter and honey. ;-)

I find that the spray cleaners work fine for most human crud, but for really tenacious dirt, I use Tide. (I heard about a guy who accidentally washed the paint off his lawnmower using Tide. I've also heard that mixing it with gasoline makes a cheap napalm-substitute, but I can't verify or refute that.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Put your mouse in the dishwasher, let it dry for a long time, and plug it back in. If it doesn't work, I believe the pet store and Radio Shack sell them four about 3 dollars.

Reply to
ranmyaku

I have the opposite problem. When I fall asleep and my forehead hits the spacebar, it leaves this line across my forehead. :-))

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

On Monday 04 October 2004 11:19 pm, Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, the Dark Remover" did deign to grace us with the following:

That's what that blue foam pad is for!

Reply to
Rich Grise