Mystery part...

Dumb newbie here, trying to identify the mystery part soldered into the windings of an electric household fan. The fan doesn't work, and when plugged in and turned on has 120V across the (two) leads of this part, which is roughly 5/16 x 1/4 x 3/16 and made of black plastic displaying the marks "Elsen (next line) WA128 (next line) PSGF128C". The fan has no obvious fuse, and I am wondering if this is a solid state fuse. The fan has three speeds and different interwound windings, all with different colors, and all going through this part. Anyone with any ideas as to what this is, please post. Anyone with ideas as to what the markings mean, likewise. All help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
Dave

It is a 128 Degree C Thermal Fuse

This will work in it's place.

Pat Ziegler Wholeslae Electronics Inc.

DBLEXPOSURE

three

please

help

OOOOOhhhhhhh. 128 degrees Celsius. And it's blown. I can easily see that, as the bearings are quite stiff (20+ years of dust and no visible lubrication..) I salute you. Thank you, very much. There is an NTE outlet just down the road however, and I would rather not pay shipping on such a piddling item. If they don't have it or can't get it, I'll give you a call though.

Much thanks. Especially for the almost immediate response!

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks, Good luck with it!