Thermal switches VDE KSD 301

2 of this make and type? on power amp heatsink with no other markings other than moulded numbers on the black housing, so unlikely to indicate temp etc. One marked 23 is n/o , to activate fan but seems rather high click over temp (soldering iron activation), temp not actually measured yet. The other is n/c marked 14, overall cutout Anyone know how to decode these mould marks assuming they do relate to temp/type or any other ideas?

N_Cook

Gareth Magennis

IME, thermal switches on Power Amps tend to be around the 60 / 90 ballpark. i.e. 60degrees C switches on the cooling fan, 90 degrees C shuts down the amp. Its not an exact science. Whatever you think is appropriate re: safety vs reliability probably is.

take your pick:

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

other

ballpark.

If I was designing amps ~ I would only use normaly closed switches as failure mode is usually o/c or high impedance plus each of these use 2 pairs of connectors in line back to solder points I would choose fails safe mode. Fan one tested higher than I would have thought but as usually only used at low power , will leave unchanged Fan one cuts in at 68 degree C and out at 45 degree, checked up and down twice for reduced "hysteresis" overall cutout one goes o/c at 90 C and s/c at 60 C

N_Cook

These switches very rarely go faulty, fan failures are far more common.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis

Thank God you're not.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

VDE = Verband Deutcher Elektriker. A safety mark. Like BSI or SEMKO.

Great to see you're so well on top of things.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!

GRAHAM STEVENSON, A.K.A. EEYORE.

HAS NOTHING USEFUL TO SAY. EVER. DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR, SEVERE PERSONALITY DISORDER.

I WOULD ADVISE YOU IGNORE HIS POSTS AND KILLFILE HIM IF YOU SO WISH.

Just changed my hard drive and lost my killfiles, hence this post.

Plonk.

Gareth.

Reply to
Gareth Magennis