Mystery IC

I've been going through a mountain of classic integrated circuits for our eBay site and have come up with a real mystery.

These are 16 pin ceramic/gold dips with markings of STH USA TC321HR 9716 PK1206.

They don't seem THAT old, but the best guess so far is a SerTech 321 Quad DTL (yup) NAND gate.

Can anyone identify these or come up with a data sheet?

--
Many thanks,

Don Lancaster

one: (928)428-4073

This site says its a zener diode. 16 Pin Package?

PK1206 (TC321HR) Microsemi Corporation DIODES-ZENER-JANTX/V

Reply to
Wanderer

Something that helps a WHOLE lot is to do some basic electrical measurements. Waayyyy back, as a kid, I got packets of unmarked dips from PolyPaks, and was able to figure out what most of them were (TTL & DTL logic, mostly). I actually made things with those parts.

Simple VOM diode measurements will distinguish the inputs, outputs, and power pins. They'll also distinguish schottky from TTL, etc, and impedance tells DTL, RTL, CMOS, and TTL apart, etc.

If you know the thing's got 8 inputs and 4 outputs, you're off to the races. If'n you've found the power pins, you can power it up and see what's in there. Even knowing the pinouts helps a lot in identifying it.

Or you could open one up and look, too.

-- Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Salem Scientific, a unit of Microsemi, acquired Sertech Labs, a subsidiary of Avnet's Avnet Microtechnologies unit back in 1989. For acquisitions prior to 1990, one has to contact microsemi directly. Acquisitions after 1990 are listed on microsemi's website.

Reply to
Oppie

6

How exactly do you distinguish the various pins with a resistance tester? Ie what are you looking for?

NT

Reply to
NT